Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Olympic in Beijing , to learn English or to learn Chinese?


I don't know why I use this title, but it is the question I really want to ask. I care a lot about the Olympic game in 2008, I feel so excited that it is in Beijing.
For preparing the Olympic game, the government has done many things .People think it is good for Beijing and the Beijingers . But for me, sometimes I feel so bad about it. Something new appears, something old disappeared. And I am the person who misses the old things so much.
For preparing the Olympic game, Chinese people are learning English! But I don't think this is going to work. Imagine this: during the Olympic time, there are many people from different countries and speak different languages. The worst thing is some of them can't speak English. How can they communicate in China? I don't think Chinese people can learn so many languages in such a short time. So may be, people who want to travel to China, can learn some Chinese before they are coming. That will be easy for all of us!
I spoken to some foreigner friends, they are learning Chinese now. They are so excited about learning Chinese and going to China! They think China should provide some Chinese language service to foreigners. Some of them are learning Chinese online with eChineseLearning.com, they said that
the service helps them a lot, making them more confident to go to China!

No comments: